Sunday, August 05, 2007

Temporarily Out of Commission
So, I was doing my usual bit at the dogpark on Friday, barking at a big dog and threatening to chase him into the water when, without warning, the dog turned on me (scary music begins to play). He knocked me over and then stood over me barking right in my face. His people and my Mommy reacted quickly and pulled him off me, but the result was severe mental trauma and a three-hour wait at the Emergency Vet. Long story short, I have a really really bad doggy black eye, with my eye itself looking horrible. It looked really bad on Friday night through Saturday morning and, believe it or not, this is the best I have looked all weekend. Only two things really concern me at this point: 1) I cannot see out of my right eye very well, but my parents said they would inquire about that at the follow up vet appointment tomorrow, and 2) PIA failed to warn me of an impending assassination attempt despite increased Jack Russell Terrier chatter. Both my parents and I are optimistic that I shall be up to my mischievous behavior in no time.

There may be some rehashing of old photos since I will not be highly involved in any adventures/coup attempts for at least a week.

Snarf everydog later,
/s/ Winston, Grand Duke of Pugsworth

17 comments:

Ronin_The_Pug said...

OH MY GOD!!! POOR LIITLE WINSTON!!!!! That big mean dog!!! Oh Winston! We hope you'll be ok really soon!

L said...

OH NO!!! YOU POOR PUGGY!!! Winston and Zelda send many good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Winston! How scary!! You still look adorable and we hope you are feeling better soon. The PIA needs you.

Peanut said...

Oh your eye looks like it hurts. We hope you feel better very soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh Winston I am so sorry you got hurt. I know you will bounce back fast. You are the The Grand Pugsworth afterall.
Give your humans extra attention too they were probably more freaked out than you! Get well soon.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Oh no Winston! I am so sorry to hear this! I hope that dog feels ashamed of himself!

Oscar said...

Winston! That is terrible. I am sure your parents were quite scared and are worried about you. Please keep us updated on your progress. It's always scary when you get attacked by bigger dogs! I was pinned down by my big cousin Buddy who probably was 65 lbs and whose head was the size and shape of that of a boxer! He was scary!

But, I hope you get better and nothing is permanently wrong with your eye!

Jen and Suki said...

This is why "terrier" and "terrible" start with the same 5 letters! OUCH! I hope you feel better soon and that your parents feel better too - I am sure they're really worred about you, buddy.

Page said...

Poor Winston! I hope you feel better soon!

Leah said...

Oh no, poor Winston! Hope your eye gets better soon and that you can see normally!

Duke and Gidget said...

Winston, we're so sorry to hear about your eye. That big dog is lucky we weren't there to help you. We could have triple teamed him. Hope you feel all better real soon.

~Pug Hugs~
Duke & Gidget

Christine & Giggs said...

OUCH! Sorry that you got hurt Winston.

Don't worry, you'll be able to impress (or at least get sympathy from) the ladies with your black eye.

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

OMG! How horrid! Get better SOON.

This is SO scarry. Just SO SCARRY.

And than to wait three hours! ugh!

lotsofpuggies said...

Poor Winston! I am so sorry to hear your eye got hurt. I can totally sympathize, the same thing happened to me, but, mine got knocked out. It got put back in and I have to wear a cone and get medicine put in my eye.

Get well soon,
Love, Posie

Unknown said...

You poor baby.
I bet Mommy and Daddy almost peed their pants.
Rollo and Parker hope your boo-boo heals up really fast. That Pet Emergency Room is scary. WE KNOW!!!

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

We sorry your eye got hurt. You poor baby. Get well soon.

xoxoCricket and Daisy

Michelle said...

You poor thing. maggie send pug kisses to make it better!