Monday, August 06, 2007

I Feel the Love!!!
Thanks everyone for all the well wishes. I assure you that the love you feel for me is quite mutual!! The veterinary did not seem too concerned about my inability to see out of my right eye and even performed an advanced test that consisted of coverning my good eye and trying to poke my bad eye with his finger. He was careful not to touch any whiskers or eye-lashes that could trigger my touch sense, and I blinked! This indicates that there is at least some sight in my right eye. The vet says that time is the key to my full recovery, but I have kind of gotten use to only one eye and I am confident in my ability to maneuver through this harsh world regardless of my sight. Does anyone know if I can park in one of those good parking spots if my sight does not come back? Also, I wanted to mention that despite the three hour wait the Emergency Vet was very good. We were put an exam room almost immediately, which is good because all the other people there seemed to get really bad news about their babies and my parents did not want to hear anymore of those sad stories, and the delay in treatment was probably due to the fact that my injury was not deemed life threatening.

This is a picture of me as a little pup. It was this cute face and wonderful personality that made my parents fall in love with me...thereby leading to three hour hospital waits without hesitation. I shall endure, but apparently I cannot play hard for a while because a rise in blood pressure (which is associated with hard play) can actually damage an injured eye on occaison. Thanks again for everyone's concern.

Snarf everydoggy later,

Winston, The Grand Duke of Pugsworth

7 comments:

Peanut said...

Glad you have some sight in your eye and hopefully it comes back as it heals. Sorry about now rough play that's a bummer.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Regardless of whether you get your eye sight back, you should apply for one of those handicapped parking tags. You can just pretend like you can't see when your sight comes back! Ha! That'll learn 'em! Who? I'm not sure... but I bet there is someone out there who needs to learn a lesson, and that's the way to do it.

Unknown said...

When Scooter had his eye test they did a more advanced test then what you had. They covered one of his eyes and dropped pieces of gauze in front of his open eye....several times. Poor old feller never saw the gauze drop. We are very happy you blinked. You take some time off. Get some sleep and you'll feel better soon. You might want to consider Gestalt therapy.

Aunt Lynn and Uncle Ray

Anonymous said...

Winston... get better soon. Sorry you eye got hurt! Tell your Daddy to start carrying a can of Mace so he can properly punish the Evildoers in the future.

-Ray (Rollo and Parker's Dad)

Sir Isaac Newton IV said...

Sorry about your eye, man! My eye problem didn't get me one of those cool parking tags, just a daily dose of eyedrops and a Mommy who is all the time giving me her own version of an eye test. She makes me follow a treat from left to right and up and down before she'll give it to me. That sucks far worse than the eyedrops!

Take care and get better soon!
Newton

Jen and Suki said...

Whew, I am glad you're feeling better. That was a pretty scary picture on your last blog entry! I haven't been to the dog park yet but mom is afraid to take me to one for this very reason. She says I'm too big for my teeny tiny britches (hello! I'm a pug, my britches are HUGE!). I like to boss the big dogs around too much. Hmph.

Michelle said...

Are you plotting the take over of Jack Russell Terriers as pay back for this viscious attack?