Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My Blogiversary
It has been one year since I started this blog in that time there have been 161 posts, more than 10,000 unique visitors (that means people only get counted once a day), and numerous new furry friends who have the uncanny ability to type and possess outstanding grammar. I think a retrospective look back is called for. A little bad aside, I have still not yet regained sight in my right eye but I am still cautiously optimistic.

August 10, 2006, The day the blog began. I was just over a month old. Silly as it seems now, my parents were the ones that originally started this blog and made the posts. Now, of course, I merely use their laps as boosters so I can type. They are also very handy to get me treats or a BFF for inspiration while I work.

This is me during one of my brief periods of writer's block. Sometimes it helps to just chill out a minute with an old friend. In this situation I relied on my yellow ducky Alberto for reassurance that I was not past my creative peak.

This was me at 9 weeks. At this time I was still getting use to my parents and I was willing to pretend to be a good dog and stay still during pictures. I am now secure enough to have abandoned this childish behavior.

Yes, I am quite adorable.

This is me at 12 weeks. I still have a hard time believing that I was ever this small.
This is one of my original BFFs, my weird cow. This guy, along with my yellow ducky Alberto, is one of my few surviving original BFFs.

20 weeks- Getting big and feisty. I had nearly established myself as the Alpha dog by this point.

As my parents say, I am cuteness in a furry package.

24 weeks- I think my folks realized that these progression pictures were quickly going to become memories.

This is just a nice picture of me outside, showing what a stud pug looks like from an elevated camera angle.

9 months- this WAS the last one of these pictures that there will ever be. I think I can see my Daddy's belly growing along with me in these pictures.

Dignity personified...in pug form. I have really enjoyed my first year blogging and hope that you all have enjoyed reading about my adventures as well. I hope that I will be able to fill another year with the amusing ramblings of a pampered pug, a pug who is also royalty.
Snarf Everydog Later,
/s/ Winston, Grand Duke of Pugsworth

12 comments:

Peanut said...

Happy 1 year anniversary. I am glad I met you and get to read your blog. To bad I didn't know you sooner. You are one cool doggie

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Page said...

Oh, Winston, I'm sorry to hear that you still can't see out of your bad eye. I hope it gets better soon!
Oh, and Happy Blogiversary! And many more!

Duke and Gidget said...

Hey buddy, happy blogiversary! Did your first year seem to go by as fast as ours did? We look forward to many more incredibly witty posts.
Hope your eye feels better real soon!

~Pug Hugs~
Duke & Gidget

Michelle said...

I can't believe it has already been a year. We love your posts Winston -- you are hilarious and we look forward to many more.

lotsofpuggies said...

Winston,

I have enjoyed your blog ever since I discovered it. I love ready about your adventures

I hope your eye feels better soon, mine is feeling better, I cant wait to get my cone off next week!

Love
Posie

Suki & Joey said...

Happy Blogiversary, Winston. I hope your eye continues to get better.

Puggy kisses
Suki

Jen and Suki said...

Happy happy blogiversary! You sure have gotten big and strong. My mom and dad are shaking their heads in denial right now because today I am three months old!
I hope your eye gets better soon!

puggy said...

happy anniversary. i love reading ur blog..kisses on the boo bad eye

luv

almond

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogversarry. I just started mah blog *snort*

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Winston,
Hope your eye gets better soon. Happy Blogiversary!

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket and Daisy Mae

Anonymous said...

Happy one year blog anniversary! Wow I just read about your eye Winston. You are so brave and you look cool with a black eye. Very tough.