Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More of the Easter Egg Hunt
After all the lame pugs left the Easter Egg hunt I was able to chill in the water with a cool dog. I really do hate pugs and it would make me really sad if my parents did something horrible like get a pug....HINT HINT.

This is me and my new bud Hudson the Golden Retriever (he's a dog) getting acquainted and cooling off in the refreshing river.

This is us again, running in the water and through the mud.

Side by Side because we are BFFs.

This is Hudson showing his dirtiness and splashing around for my parents.

My parents tried throwing sticks in the river for me to fetch. I liked running after them...


...but I did not have much luck actually fetching them (see the stick at the bottom of this picture) (see also the video at the end of this post).

Hudson was much better at getting the sticks. Here he was chasing me, but when he noticed a stick I had left behind, he had to stop and fetch it for me.
Afterwards Hudson was supposed to get into his car to go home. Instead he chose to follow me and chase me around the field again.

Nothing is quite so beautiful as a pug moving at full speed. We are sleek creatures second only to the cheetah in speed, the tiger in strength, but second to none in manipulating humans.

This is me showing off what I would look like in the wild. Scenes similar to the one above are often the last that prey animals ever see. An interesting aside, even the Wild Mountain Pugs of Guadalajara are born with collars and tags on.

This video highlights the difficulty I have fetching from the water.
Snarf Everdog Later,
/s/ Winston, Grand Duke of Pugsworth

12 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a stupid stick, anyway, wasn't it Winston? At least you went in the water, some pugs I know don't want to get their paws wet.

Aunt Lynn and Uncle Ray

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

I prefer to play with big dogs too Winston.

Unknown said...

You are very brave, Winston. My Winston is scared of the water - or at least, he is scared of the Atlantic Ocean (it's a little bigger than your pond). Every time a wave comes he runs like death. He does not possess your wild-pug prowess.

Clover said...

Winston, I also love playing in the water and with bigger dogs! I love your pictures of you in the wild. I liked the tidbit at the end there too - thanks for always sharing your profound knowledge with us!
Love Clover xo

Lucy said...

Winston, that artist renditioning of the Guadalajaran wild jungle pug was amazing. I actually felt like one was watching me and spun around to make sure no one was behind me.

Frances Louise said...

I concur with your assessment of the ferocity of the pug breed. Many times have I myself stalked young humans and had them fleeing my frightening countenance . . .

You are indeed a courageous pug to wade into any pool of water . . .

The Snick said...

Dude. That is the saddest 24 seconds of video that I have ever snarfed. Maybe we can work on your technique. Not to brag, but I've been known to fit three tennis balls in my mouth at the same time. Sometimes I don't even go into the water for less than two.

Sir Isaac Newton IV said...

Wow, Winston! I wouldn't worry about the stick ... it was impressive that you even waded into the water! I won't go near the stuff unless it's Mommy's whirlpool tub!

Newton :)

Christine & Giggs said...

Fetching from the water involves getting your nose wet. I say good job getting another dog to do the dirty work for you!

I agree that the pug is like the cheetah, pugs also use their tails as a rudder and for balance when running at full speed. The resemblance is totally there.

Nevis said...

*lmoa* I'm laughing because that reminds me so much of my dogs. I will toss them a toy or a chew stick and then the aren't able to find it and it could be laying right in front of them. Silly puggies!

Oh, and when will the stray be coming home to eat your food and steal attention away from you?

Nevis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

napoleon has always preferred to play with big dogs when we go out!! You guys are so funny.