Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Something Called "Swimming Lessons"-A.K.A.- My Parents Suck
I hope that everyone had a great 4th of July! Mine was going swimmingly until my parents made me actually go swimming. I enjoy going into the water about chest deep, but my parents always wondered if I could swim. Well, Daddy put on his swim trunks, went out to where I could not stand, and decided to find out...with great risk to my personal safety I might add. [Parents' note: drama-pug, Daddy was there with him the whole time.]


Here I am, none too happy to have found that my paws are not in contact with solid ground. I must think back to my PIA survival training.

This is Daddy taking me out to the torture sight, you can see the back of my little head as I dread the inevitable.

In this picture I am trying to begin swimming before I even make contact with the ground.

TURN AND BURN!!! Legs don't fail me now!

Kick, kick, kick!!!

Keep the head up, nice and smooth. Concentrate, homicidal wishes can be acted upon later.

I noticed that whenever I would think that I was doing well I would instantly be removed from "the zone," this would cause me to sink like a pug shaped stone.

But I always did seem to recover nicely; I do not believe that my parents will fare so well when I am done with them.

Reaching the shore, and safety. I wish my parents did not derive such amusement from my suffering.

I have to admit that a swimming pug is a very beautiful thing...the dignity, the skulpted fur, the folds, and the look of pure concentrated terror mix nicely to form a mellow feel.

Snarf everydog later,
/s/ Winston, Grand Duke of Pugsworth

14 comments:

Christine & Giggs said...

Awww! You look SO CUTE Winston! Maybe you can start a new fad -"Pugwatch".

Awesome post!

Giggs will also be learning to swim soon.

ChristopherTech said...

Totally awesome! I have a pug-shaped stone as well. Thanks for posting the pics :)

Page said...

Hehe...I like the last pic of you swimming, Winston.

L said...

Oh my God, that is the best thing in the world.

Michelle said...

Great pictures Winston. You are so lucky to be able to swim. Nappy gets to go once a year and the puppy paddle in Sept. This year we will see if Maggie can swim also.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Winston. You are very brave to try swimming for the very first time. And you did a fantastic job! You will like it more and more especially when it gets really hot (if it ever does in Seattle).

Duke and Gidget said...

Wow Winston, what a frightening experience! Please let your Daddy know that we will NOT be going anywhere near the water when we come to your birthday party.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Winston! You have done something neither Parker or Rollo have ever done; Swim! You looked totally cool swimming all by yourself. Next thing you know, your Daddy will have you on a bicycle, then a motorcycle, and THEN a HORSE!

Oscar said...

I hate swimming too!

Jen and Suki said...

Wow, Winston - you're one tough and brave pug. It took me a week to walk on hardwood floors, so I'm pretty sure swimming is out for a few months!

Suki & Joey said...

Homicidal thoughts.....hehehe!

Soooo, swimming sucks I take it? I have yet to do that. I don't think I want to.

Puggy kisses
Suki

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

We be patting you on the back cause you do such a good job swimming. We enjoyed the pictures.

xoxoPugsley, Buster and Cricket

a boy a girl and a pug said...

I'd rather drink the water than swim in it! Happy Birthday Winston! We just found your blog and love it.

Peanut said...

Oh I would so get back at your parents for that. That was pure evil