Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My First True Love
Everyone knows of the stupid cliche propagated by obnoxious schoolgirls that such a thing exists as love at first sight. I cynically rejected such a childish notion for my first four months of life. Then, like with asinine comments from conservative commentators, I was overwhelmed by the flurry of emotion brought upon by one small being. Unlike my normal feelings upon watching Fox News, I did not reach for a pitch fork or torch; but rather I immediately sought out the beautiful sub-three pound temptress that so entranced me. I am, of course, referring to Angel Maggie of the Pug farm. I aggressively declared my love, but alas my love was unrequited. Maggie said she would be happy to be my friend, and even happier to accept gifts of stuffed toys and gem-studded collars, but her heart was too pure to give her love to a single pug, even if he was royalty and likely to eventually dominate the Eastern Seaboard. Gifts would have been showered upon her, but my lack of opposable thumbs and inability to master Microsoft's mail-merge technology prevented them from reaching their intended target. So, like so many others, I admired dear Maggie from afar, assuming that there would always be plenty of opportunity to do so. As it turns out this was incorrect. While I may have initially taken my first rejection hard, I am a much stronger pug for having known my dear Maggie.

One of the things that attracted me to Maggie, besides her unequaled beauty, was her sense of style. This is her in a lovely pink tutu.

Lo and behold I, as pictured above, possess the same tutu. I think her shapeliness filled the dress much better than my thick self.

We also both seemed to have the habit of attempting to bite off far more than we could chew. For instance, she attempted here to eat an entire pumpkin; while I attempted on several occasions to eat an entire size nine snow-boot.

She also had feisty personality that guaranteed one would never experience a dull moment with her.

But most importantly, she had the heart and look of an Angel...which, of course, she now is. We shall all miss you Dear Maggie.
/s/ Winston, Grand Duke of Pugsworth

8 comments:

Peanut said...

We didn't know maggie but our sorry about her. She was very very cute.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

That was so sweet Winston. You're making me cry now.

Oscar said...

Dear Winston, I fell in love with Maggie too. I am very sad and I feel for her parents and all who knew her. Having an angel such as Maggie must make it very very difficult to move on. Everytime, my mom reads about Maggie she gets all depressed and her eyes water and she never met Maggie. We look at those pictures of her and you can just see her radiance.

Frances Louise said...

Maggie was indeed a little angel in life and now as well.

You actually look surprisingly attractive in that pink tutu . . .

Clover said...

Oh, Winston, that was very nice and cute. I am sad about Maggie too.
Love Clover xo

Jen and Suki said...

I am sad about Maggie too. We will all miss her dearly.

I'm pretty sure if I was a boy my mom would still put me in tutus, so I totally understand that picture.

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Sweetm sweet Maggie, how we will miss her.

Four Pugz

Michelle said...

Winston!! I thought we left you a comment on Thursday but apparently I messed it up. Adam and I read this post and were crying (and apparetnly crying and trying to work the computer do not work.) This post was so precious and I love the pictures you selected of Maggie. I really do think you guys were meant to be together, especially after how cute you look in pink dresses. Thanks for posting this. We miss her so much and you have no idea how much it helps to know that others are thinking about us.