Sunday, May 13, 2007

PUGALPALOOZA ROCKED!!
This weekend was the world famous Seattle Pugapalooza, and good times were had by all. I have never seen so many people or pugs before. Had I known of the huge density of people that would be there, I certainly would have made a presentation of how my rule would improve the world. These people could have formed the initial wave of my army that will bring the pugs to power. Now that I know, I shall begin recruting my Cannon Fodder Division next year.

This was the hanger that Pugapalooza was held in. It's in the same complex as my Dogpark.

These were people taking a break on the lawn.

These were people taking a break on the other side. You can tell there were loads of people there just from the amount of people taking a break outside.

This does not do justice to the density of people inside the hanger for Pugapalooza.

There was also a very large density of pugs there- go figure.

One of the best activites there was a treat tasting, I was a repeat visitor to this booth.

I got attention... and treats. Lots and lots of treats.


AND more treats! Maybe this place isn't so bad.

Another activity was the kissing contest. Normally, I am a very good kisser. However, I do have some modesty! I can't just kiss in front of everydoggy, especially not while a judge is standing there counting each kiss! That is way too much pressure. I'll save myself some humiliation and leave out the pictures of my failure in the kissing contest. Instead, here are some random dogs kissing Daddy. This is Daddy kissing a four month old puppy. [Daddy's note: we practiced for a week and Winston was in peak kissing condition, but he froze under the pressure. We are going to start taking him to crowded places as training for next year...I don't care if people think we're crazy. There is a $10 gift certificate on the line!!!]

This is Daddy kissing a three month old puppy.

This guy is not an activity, but does represent the prototypical pug.

He may have been the pugapalooza mascot. Here he is posed by the fire hydrant at the entrance to the festivities.

My humans told me this was something called "agility". They tried to push me in this tunnel but I was having none of that. I was scared for many reasons, but primarily because my path resembled the path taken by a probe during a colonoscopy. I was not interested in that at all.

This was also called "agility". My humans kept telling me to jump, but normally when I jump I am jumping up onto the comfy bed for a nice nap or to lick the pillows. I don't see anything comfy to jump onto here.

Okay, I'm done with this. Come on Daddy, let's go back to the treat tasting booth!
Stay tuned for more Pugapalooza pictures.
Snarf everydog later,
/s/ Winston, Grand Duke of Pugsworth

3 comments:

pugfreak said...

Wow! I miss those Pug Galas in Seattle! Looks like a lot of fun! Who could pass up all those treats!

Suki & Joey said...

Oh my gosh, Winston, never before have I seen so many people and pugs together! Crazy!

That agility stuff looks pointless. Leave that to the Golden Retrievers, I say. I would rather be at the treat booth, too.

Puggy kisses
Suki

Ronin_The_Pug said...

Wow! How cool! I want something like that too! You are so lucky little Winston because you have all this great meetings and doggy activities there! We can't wait for the next photos!!