Sunday, May 06, 2007

I have been upside down tagged.
But before we get to that, I have an apology to make. On Friday, I posted some pictures about my busy week as a pug. Unfortunately, my Mommy had the day off on Friday, so she was at home when I was making this post. She was less than pleased with my witty, scheming, bitter comments. She said I sounded too much like Daddy. So I let her write the comments - big mistake. I realize the error of my ways and will not let this happen again. Daddy was also very upset about the post and worried that Mommy had ruined my "street cred." Daddy told Mommy that she is never allowed to assist a post again and, if she violated this rule, he will never cook her his world famous migas again (migas are a delicious meal of eggs, bellpeppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions that are cooked together to perfection). However, I hope my loyal fans won't be too hard on me; after all, she who dispenses the food must be obeyed.
Now on to the business at hand. I have been sleeping upside down since I was a mere pup.


I have entitled this picture "upside down with head hanging off couch." I think back to the innocence of my youth, a time when the world was mine for the taking and all a pug needed was a comfy couch, a good meal, and control of the entire U.S. military (including nuclear codes), those were simpler days.

My Mommy titled this picture "Teeny Weeny with tongue slightly sticking out." I understand the tongue sticking out part, but who are these Teeny and Weeny guys??

This one is quite unoriginally called the "pug twirl twist in the sea of softness."

This is the "pug stretch."

This picture, believe it or not, was actually taken by the Hubble Space telescope, before everything started breaking. Allow me to state that I am angry at NASA for not already having Hubble's successor in space. When new worlds are found, I shall send my minions to colonize and conquer.

I actually arranged this entire picture on my own. I call it "Spooning with my 'I spoon with my pug dog' pillow."

My face is still cute when I am upside down.

This is a better look at my tongue sticking out due to my previous lack of teeth.

I also have many other interesting sleeping positions. Here, I am sleeping on Daddy's desk. I was being incredibly bratty this day and refused to allow him to read in peace. So we compromised and he completely capitulated to everyone of my demands (in my world compromise and capitulate are synonyms).

This is me mometarily stuck in the couch quicksand of doom after I stole the golden head from Harrison Ford...after I pushed him in the pit full of snakes...I miss the old days when I was a corrupt pug archeologist.

Here, I can sleep and keep an eye on Daddy or Mommy in the kitchen at the same time. Look at those lips! I hope that this post has placated the masses.
snarf everyone later,
/s/ Winston, Grand Duke of Pugsworth

6 comments:

Ronin_The_Pug said...

I've told you that you have the most unusual positions of falling asleep...

Suki & Joey said...

Ah, much better, Winston. You have no idea how your funny comments warm my little puggy heart :)

You stole the gold thing from Indiana Jones?!? Whoa! Mom says it belongs in a museum! Heehee ;)

Puggy kisses
Suki

Duke and Gidget said...

Wow Winston, it looks like you had no trouble whatsoever finding a picture of yourself upside down. Thanks for playing. And it's good to see you back to your old bitter, sarcastic self!

Page said...

Winston, you sure do have a lot of belly-up shots. You're a pro at sleeping! Had lots of practice, eh?

Duke and Gidget said...

Hey Winston, we were planning on going to Pugapalooza, but then Gidget had to go and get roundworms. So unfortunately, we aren't supposed to be around other dogs for at least a couple weeks. Yep, Gidget ruined my fun again!!

We hope you guys have a good time there.
Duke

Anonymous said...

I am speechless. There, seemingly, a whole lot of folks with way too much time on their hands!

Get a job.

(Just kidding...I'm just jealous that I have a pitbull instead of a pug)