Thursday, May 13, 2010

Yet Another Boo-boo

As you know, the life of a pug is a hard life. I have been beset by yet another unfortunate incident. This one was not too serious ... I broke my nail. However, the break was extremely high on the quick so it was necessary for the vet to remove the dangling portion. The upside (in my parent's view) was that I had to wear a soft cone.


This is me, looking thrilled as always at wearing the cone.

This is Cosette, taking advantage of my distressed state to harass me.

OHHHHH!!! THE EMBARRASSMENT!!!

It's hard to see who looks more pathetic here, me or the stray. Cosette also has a hard life, there was this time three months ago when no one was paying attention to her. That moment has scarred her permanently.

The little comfort I receive comes from my "guy" (the red squeak toy). As you can see, it is Cosette's mission in life to take away the little happiness I have.

I was eventually able to escape to safety with my guy, but it was a close call.

This is the original cone picture from when I was a little lass. Notice my figure was less rotund?
Snarf you later,
/s/ Winston, the Grand Duke of Pugsworth

10 comments:

Jen and Suki said...

Buddy, you AND Clover have to wear the cone of shame right now... Yikes! Glad to hear it wasn't a serious injury. I was worried about your good eye.

<3 Suki

Alana R. said...

Cute pug! I have a blog about my own pug (and other pugs too).

Anonymous said...

Aww you poor thing :(

Anonymous said...

You and Cossette look adorable playing sorry about you having to wear the cone winston

firstyouleap said...

Stumbled across your blog--sorry about the cone of shame! Truly the universal experience that all breeds face with equal, well, shame. Glad the injury was fixable! Melinda and Jeeves

Anonymous said...

Heavens! The rigid cone may be worse, but the soft cone is bad enough. Hope you gave Cosette what-for when you were granted your release!
- - - - - - -
Jack@PDB
dog beds and more

ugg boots said...

Share ugg boots outlet at www.uggbootsoutletwebsite.com.

muhasebe programı said...

she so cute :)

shoes mbt said...

mbt shoes uk,mbt shoes london,mbt shoes uk sale,mbt sale uk,mbt footwear uk,mbt shoes uk clearance,mbt shoes sale,mbt sale,mbt uk shoes

new era france,Le magasin de France pour New Era Caps,Trouvez une grande variété de Casquettes New Era avec Livraison gratuite disponible dans le village de chapeaux,new era soldes en France online!

scarpe mbt italia,mbt store,outlet mbt,shoes mbt,mbt outlet store,,scarpe mbt,mbt online store,outlet mbt,mbt online shop,mbt scarpe outlet,mbt outlet.

mbt outlet,mbt outlet uk,mbt outlet store,mbt shoes.

oakley holbrook - oakley on line www.oakleyholbrook.it 86% di sconto.

Ralph Lauren Pas Cher,polo ralph lauren,ralph lauren pas cher homme,polo ralph lauren pas cher homme.

World of Animals, Inc said...

We hope you feel much better now and that the cone of shame is not on anymore. Looks like they put a toy on your cone to play with. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful rest of your day.
World of Animals