Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Slow and Selfish Pug Recovery
So, the Stray got spayed last week, and it was not without minor complications. Namely, a pesky urinary tract infection which made her go pee about every 20 minutes for several days ... nights included. This made for a tired sister and tired parents. I thought this meant that I could play in peace finally, but alas I was deceived.

This is the Stray early in the week. Notice the tiredness in her eyes. Translation: I don't have the energy to even torment Winston, the Great and Noble Grand Duke, even a little (I am paraphrasing).

The same seemingly peaceful attitude.

I took the moment to chill with my little guy (the red thing).

Ah, the times were sweet and peaceful.

But good things do not last. Here, the Stray is saying "is Winston having fun with something? Even in my weakened state I cannot allow for that."

This is me, longing for the guy that was so wrongfully (and tortiously) taken from me.

When the beast decides she wants something, very little can release the poor victim from her cruel and selfish grasp. Here, my sad pug eyes were completely impotent against her vicious schemes.

Here, she is playing with something else and will still not allow me to retrieve my guy. Note how her eyes never leave my guy.

Look upon this face. This is cruelty in pug form.
Snarf everydog later,
/s/ Winston, Grand Duke of Pugsworth

13 comments:

Sandy said...

You poor baby, there is no justice in this world!

Nevis said...

Sorry to hear about the urinary tract infection, but I'm glad it appears everythings better now. :)

Lucy said...

Glad she is getting better, that's a tough surgery. You are a very benevolent brother to let her play with your little red guy Winston.

Michelle said...

LOL! Glad she is doing so well. Zoe was exactly the same way, even when she was dog tired she would perk up and HAVE to investigate what Nappy was doing. We did have a terrible time keeping them from playing when she stopped taking her medicine and was no longer dopey. We tried to keep them calm with lots of chew toys to keep them in one spot and slow walks on leashes.

BTW, Zoe just had a urinary tract infection right before she got spayed. What a nightmare.... who knew a dog could pee so much!

Puddleglum said...

She will someday bow to your greatness, Winston. Have patience.

In the meantime, be kind to the little girl. You may feel you've been wronged, but she's been operated on. I'll let you decide which is more worthy of pity. :)

Anonymous said...

Give her a few more days then show her who is the boss and remind her that you are just letting her stay there...Although she is too cute...

Z

Anonymous said...

She is a sneaky pug ninja! I say once she is all recovered you need to establish some dominence! Indy tries everyday with Gus...

I am glad Cossette is feeling better now :)

Le Mops said...

Maybe you should chew on something else first and let the stray have that, so you can get your red thing! I do that to mah Chewie all the time! I'm glad the stray is doing better, even if she is a terror again already!
*snorT*
Le Mops

Clover said...

Hi Winston,
Sorry to hear that Cosette is still acting "sister-y" while she is recovering. But I am glad that the spay surgery is all over and she is getting better now!!
Love Clover xo

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

I'm so glad the stray is recovering from her surgery. You should let her have what she wants for a couple days, you know. She has gone through a lot lately :)

Oscar said...

Poor winston....I'll share my toys with you.

Ronin_The_Pug said...

Ooooo little babyyyy! C'mon Winston! She's your baby sisteeeer!

Hugs and kisses for both!

Anonymous said...

We're so glad that little Cosette is recovering. Poor baby. Be nice Winson :)