Thursday, December 27, 2007

My Eggs
I love all my toys. My parents have often marvelled at how I seemed to have a rotation of stuffies to play with, but there always was a "first among equals" to speak of. Originally it was my pig toys, but I soon outgrew them; then I fell in love with my football loofa, but he soon died a pug related disembowelment death; then I chose Alberto Gonzales the Ducky (the original) to be my new BFF, but he decided to adopt a low profile when some people starting pestering him about numerous instances of "perjury" and "obstruction of justice" and "abuse of power/corruption" and started throwing around the term "prison sentence." I have not seen ole Al in a while. After he left I thought I would never love again ... that is until another ducky entered my life.

Remember Alberto Gonzalez 2.0? I introduced you to him a while ago, and I probably told you that the best thing about him is the three eggs he had inside him. I could dig at him, and the three eggs would come out, and then I had three of the most wonderful toys I have ever had. They combine my three favorite things - balls, stuffies, and squeaking.

See how awesome the eggs are?! I wanted one with me everywhere I went.

I liked to sleep with them in the big bed.
I liked to sleep with them in my own bed.

I loved them even when they got really dirty and nasty.

I loved them even after Mommy had to perform emergency surgery on them to stop their guts from falling out. But as you can see, the eggs were on their last legs.

Then the most pawsome thing ever happened: for Christmas, I got a big ball FULL of TONS of brand new eggs!! Here you can see the ball with its many eggs, and one pink egg off to the side.

The first thing I did with this amazing gift was get out every single egg.

This is me digging inside the big ball to make sure that I did not miss a single egg!

I put lots of them in my bed and was constantly chasing the rest.

I'm so happy!! My favorite thing to do with the eggs is play fetch with one while keeping another one in my mouth. So I will make one of the humans throw an egg, even though I already have one in my mouth. And when they throw the egg, I run after it even though I already have one in my mouth. And then I push the second one around with my nose and paws all around the house. And anytime my parents put the eggs back in the big ball, I take all of them out before I start playing again. On top of it all Mommy and Daddy have been with me all week. This has been the mostest awesomest week ever.
Snarf everydog later,
/s/ Winston, Grand Duke of Pugsworth

8 comments:

Ronin_The_Pug said...

Hey Winston!!! I never tried the eggs toys... Hm... you gave me an idea!
You are funny!
Hugs!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Oh, my! Those so look fun! I bet the people hate touching them because they're all gooey! LOL! Slobber fight!

Peanut said...

Oh those look like great toys. How fun for you

Jen and Suki said...

I like to eat eggs. I like squeakers and balls and stuffies too. I bet those are the best toys ever. Lucky!

L said...

haha, you look so excited! I love it!

Frances Louise said...

Wow, your parents spoiled you rotten didn't they? Well, a pug can never have too many eggs!! Hope you had a great holiday!

Michelle said...

Those eggs look awesome. Isn't it funny the things they choose as their favorites!

Anonymous said...

Hi Winston!

I've been reading your blog for a while now and I just have to tell you that you crack me up! I was wondering if you knew where your parents found your fantastic new egg toy. We have a handsome pug at home named Reuben who might like something like it.

Thanks Winston and keep up the good work!
Ginny (Reuben's mom)